Work Smarter Consulting
The Tall Emu team have consultants with years of business process improvement experience, having worked for clients large and small over the years. A lot of these smarts are baked-into Tall Emu and just need to be adjusted to suit your needs so that you can start to get real, measurable benefits in your business.
Does your business have any of these Symptoms?
- Too long to get a quote prepared
- Manual Processes to work out quotes
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Typing the same data (customer info, sales info) over and over again
- Doing it – and then writing down that you did it so you can track or report it?
- Paper-based work processes
Get a Tall Emu Process Improvement on site to re-vamp the way you work.
How does it work?
You’re expert in your trade – and we’re experts in our systems. An on-site workshop involving your key people brings these two disciplines together and removes the roadblocks holding you back.
It all starts with a conversation. You know how and why you do things, and we can help you navigate from the way you do it now to a new, more efficient way using CRM.
We have our workshops on site so we can easily discuss with as many people in your business as needed.
Case in Point
A company had a manual purchasing policy which involved printing out a huge report (a long time to produce it) and circulating it around department heads. Once a PO was approved, this was manually typed into their MYOB system. Items imported from overseas were then manually priced to get average landed cost on arrival.
The new way – click a button to have a complete purchase order proposed based on prior sales history. The staff member reviews and edits, and with a click sends to the supplier. When goods arrive landed cost can be calculated at the click of a button.
During the initial consultation we will develop the bones of an action plan based on our discussions of the business process and how TE could be used to streamline and improve it.
For example , if you’re quoting in Word or Excel, then entering data into CRM and MYOB we can streamline the process and give you back people.
We’ll work out how you sell your products, how you build and supply them and try to figure out a way to take your paper-based processes electronic.
We can work in your fulfillment area, help you with stock control and reporting too. The scope of the system is very broad indeed – and you’re working with software that is designed to be tailored to purpose.
Case in Point
Many of the businesses we see have price lists in Excel and manually generated quotations sent by email which often involve two or more people to generate them. With CRM we can take care to have a properly loaded price list, including contract pricing and special products – producing quotes at the click of a button which can later be converted to invoices and sent to accounts!
Our action plan will be jointly developed while on site (in bullet point form at least) based on your unique business needs, and we’ll later flesh this out into more detailed project that can be costed and have a timeline applied.
This service is in high demand from clients looking to make their business more efficient. You can contact Tall Emu for phone consultation to discuss if this service is right for your business and if we’ve done similar things before.
What have we done before…
High Volume Sales & Distribution, Newcastle – Customer Since: 2012
- 2012 Web Leads direct to CRM Database
- 2012 Lead follow-up Automated
- 2012 Fast Quoting; Accounting Integration;
- 2013 Lead Scoring; Automated Brochure Production
- 2013 Dashboards for Sales Team as motivation
- 2014 eWay – take payment over the phone using CRM
- 2015 Paperless Sales Process – Ongoing
- 2015 Fulfilment Workflow Automation
- 2015 Sales and Marketing Reports combining webstats, CRM data and Accounting data
Large Manufacturing, Country VIC – Customer Since: B2B – 2011
- 2015 Schedule production and installation on calendar based on goods ordered
Education and Training (Not for Profit), Sydney, NSW – Customer Since: 2011
- 2011 Recurring invoices – Automatically produced and sent
- 2012 Subscription system
- 2012 Events & Bookings
- 2015 Design & Built Online Store which integrates with CRM
Interior Design, Sydney- – Customer Since: 2013
- 2014 Based on type of quote automatically generates project; tasks; assigns to right people
Entertainment B2C, Sydney – Customer Since: 2013
- 2013 Consolidate Ticket Data
- 2014 Customer Portal that can be signed in with Facebook
Manufacturer B2B, Regional NSW – Customer Since: 2014
- 2015 Produce PDF proposal based on complex order for highly configurable product.
Training Organisation, NZ – Customer Since: 2012
- 2013 Complete training system;
• tracking of outcomes,
• produce data extract for government agency
Chemical Manufacturer B2B, Regional NSW – Customer Since: 2015
- 2015 Build batches of chemical based on rules; Print batch sheets; Manage stock.
Catering Company, Australia Wide – Customer Since: 2013
- 2013 Auto export invoice and payment every day, the invoice will be exported 1 day after the function date, payment will be exported at the end of created date.
- 2013 Setting up sales Reports for Management to sent automatically (daily, weekly/monthly)
- 2014 Plan food production based on items ordered
- 2014 Customised Project and Task Management
• When the quote and sales order is created , automatically update the project status,
• Set up the task configuration in the product and product option.
• When the sales order is generated or sales order item is created/updated/deleted, the task will be created/updated or deleted depend on the configuration of the product.
• Send alert email when there is a new sales order in 7 days, so their team aware of it.
- 2014 Auto send Survey 1 day after the function date, the survey is just a normal email with questions in it.
- 2014 Auto send quote follow up (custom workflow process because they have specific request)