Stock & Inventory Control
Tall Emus Stock Management system extends the basic features found in your accounting system to offer the business capabilities you need, without the costs of changing to enterprise-level accounts and ERP systems.
Dynamic Stock Control
- Stock control system for physical products:
- Multiple stock locations – even if your accounting system doesn’t support it
- Track inbound, outbound shipments
- Tall Emu can calculate Stock quantity and pricing dynamically using information from stock measures, stock locations, stock transfers, returns from customers, returns to vendors, purchase orders, predefined selling price levels and ‘specific customer’ pricing
- Users will be prompted to create back orders or auto back fill on part receipt/supply of Stock on Jobs and Purchases
- Tall Emu handles multiple Vendor codes, and preferred vendor rankings
- Surface all this information during the quoting and selling process.
- Sync stock data to your accounting system so your GL is up to date.
Inbound Landed Cost Calculations
- Purchases can be ‘received’ into stock-on-hand count and sold, then ‘finished’ on receipt of ‘actual’ vendor invoice. Tall Emu will calculate an estimate Cost of Goods sold on receipt of stock for profit reporting, and automatically journal the adjusted profit calculation when the purchase cost is finalised.
- Link separate Expense Orders (duty, freight) directly to a Purchase Order to effect ‘cost of goods’
Bill of Materials (BOM) Manufacturing
The Bill of Materials is a list of the inputs or the recipe that makes up a manufactured product.
- Create and define BOM for your Manufactured Products
- The ingredients or parts that are a part of the BOM’s can include depleting, non-depleting, ‘special’ stock and even labour.
- On ‘manufacture’ Tall Emu will automatically take the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) value for any Depleting and Special Stock included in manufacturing that product,
- Any raw material as “Stock On Hand” asset accounts can be place it into the Manufactured Stock as it’s used.
- You may also have to reverse the assembled BOM and ‘disassemble’ and Tall Emu will return stock used back to (raw material) stock-on-hand count, where the items are recoverable.
Manufactured Items and Bundles
Manufactured items and bundles provide methods to ‘bundle’ combinations of stock tracked/non-tracked Stock to sell as one product.
- Static Kitting or ‘manufacturing on the fly’ does not allow ad hoc changes to kit content when selling or quoting
- ‘Kitting wizard’ that allows you to select from a range of products, limiting the choices your staff can make in selecting contents for the kit
- Great for use in the IT industry – especially for system building – but suitable for any industry
- Tall Emu CRM can automatically calculate Kit selling prices.
- Kit contents can be set/changed to ‘show or hide’ on quotes or invoices
Sometimes you need to sell the same base product under different codes or names (for example – a tire that fits on 3 different cars).
- Virtual Products let you define unlimited ‘Virtual’ product codes which tie back to a real item
- The virtual product has its own pricing, description, even images which can appear on quotes and invoices
- This can be used to make it easier for staff to quote items that are suitable for a product with limited training, or to charge higher prices for the same item where it works with a premium product.
- Virtual products draw their stock levels from the underlying “real” products so you always have accurate stock holding information.
Serial Number Tracking
Tall Emu includes fully featured serial number tracking in its warehouse management features
- For Quality Control, vendor return or recall purposes, you can choose to trace serial numbers of specific (depleting) stock
- You can elect to record individual product serial numbers on Purchase (inward receipt), on Sale (outward), or not at all
Custom and Multiple Price levels
- Create multiple “price levels’ depending on who you are selling to. Example: Wholesale, Retail, Trade, Not for Profit, Direct).
- Centrally manage the selling price using rules that have been set up
“Volume Based” Price Breaks
- You can define custom price breaks depending on volumes sold and this can be unlimited.
- Let Tall Emu calculate the correct volume break price x number of units being sold (Example: if selling > 5 units, mark-up could drops from 40% to 35%)
Bespoke Customer Pricing
- Negotiated or ‘contract’ pricing on specific product for a specific customer can also be defined, without having to change the customer out of their normal Price Level Group
- Tall Emu ensures only these products, at specific prices, are sold at the negotiated rate
- These pricing contracts can have automatic start and end dates, or they can have be no ended.