- Getting Started
- Managing Duplicate Records
- Basic Navigation
- Key setup steps
- Additional setup steps
- Configuring Dropdown Lists
- Creating New Records
- Tips & Tricks
- Using the Kanban View
- Using the Map View
- Advanced Filters
- Setting Up Grid Layouts
- Show and Hide Columns
- Open or Edit Existing Records
- Syncing Your Accounting System
- Setting up your CSV file for Import
- View Details on Map Pins
- Change the Column order
- Company Information
- Filter Map Records
- Sorting Records
- Import Data from Excel or CSV
- Colourise Map Records
- Filtering Records
- Set Up Security Groups
- Invite Other Users
- Connect Outlook
- Connect to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Set up your Sales Pipeline
- Set Up Other Reference Data
- Configure Online Quoting
- View Reports and Dashboards
- Connect Burst SMS
- Viewing Tags
- Adding and Editing Tags
- Sorting and Filtering with Tags
- CRM Integrations
- Connecting Stripe
- Novum Networks
- Payment Gateways
- Google Maps
- Customer Portal
- Connecting with BurstSMS
- Connecting with Campaign Monitor
- Connecting with eWay
- Connecting with Ezidebit
- Connecting with Machship
- WooCommerce integration settings
- Connecting with Mailchimp
- Setting Up SMTP Email
- Connecting with WooCommerce
- Customer Portal for customers
- Installing Inbox Insights
- Syncing Your Outlook Emails, Calendar & Contacts
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- WooCommerce integration
- SMTP for Gmail
- Jobs, Assets & Service Management
- Products, Inventory & Pricing
- Sales Pipeline
- Shipping & Freight
- System Settings
- Workflow Management
- Quoting & Selling
The following modules in CRM are designed to manage your incoming and outgoing deliveries:
- Outbound Shipments – this module populates with shipping records that are automatically created when you generate shipments for items on Sales Orders.
- Inbound Shipments – this module populates with shipping records that are automatically generated when you receipt items on Purchase Orders.
- Stock Transfer Shipments – this module populates with shipping records that are automatically generated when you create Stock Transfers.
- Freight Quotes – this module integrates with Machship to provide you with freight quotes based on your existing contract rates. You can also create a freight quote while you are preparing a customer Quote.
You can also refer to our guide on managing your own deliveries using the Sales Order module.
There are several settings you can configure from Admin>General that will apply to your Sales Orders.
You can choose from the following actions when a shipment is generated from a Sales Order:
- Do Nothing – does exactly that; you will not be prevented or prompted.
- Prevent Shipment Creation – when you generate a shipment from a Sales Order that hasn’t been invoiced yet, a pop-up warning will display and warn you that an invoice needs to be created before a shipment can be generated. You will not be able to proceed with creating a shipment until the order has been invoiced.
- Show Warning – when you generate a shipment from a Sales Order that hasn’t been invoiced yet, a pop-up warning will display and you can choose to proceed with the shipment, or cancel to go back and invoice the order and then generate the shipment.
- Auto-Invoice Based on Shipped Quantity – when a shipment is generated from a Sales Order, an Invoice will automatically be created for the shipped quantity.
Send Shipment Confirmation
When a shipment is generated, a confirmation email will automatically be sent to the recipient. Once you have ticked this box, the Shipment Confirmation Email Template field will become visible and you can select an Email Template to use for this purpose.
If you have already set up Couriers in your system, you can choose a default service to apply to all new Sales Orders, which will then flow through to new shipments generated from orders.
Shipment Confirmation Email Template
The Send Shipment Confirmation box needs to be ticked for this field to appear – this is where you choose which Email Template to apply when a shipment confirmation is sent.
This setting is further down on the Admin>General page in the Sales/Purchase Editor section.
You can use a system default freight option and quickly apply a freight cost to shipped orders that don’t require a unique Freight Quote – just select the Freight TE Freight TE option in this field.
When you create a new Quote or Sales Order, you can add the default freight product as an item and then add a price.
Auto-ship Stock When Available
If you check this box, manufactured Products that are out of stock when they are added to a Sales Order will be automatically have a shipment created as soon as stock becomes available.
The default templates that are used for a range of shipping activities are controlled from Admin>General>PDF And Email Templates.
At present, you cannot modify these templates, but can choose a different system template from the current default e.g. in the Delivery Docket PDF Template and Picking List PDF Template fields you can use either the Delivery Docket or Picking List template as the default option.
To enable management of your own deliveries in the Sales Order module, you will need to configure the following settings in the Delivery Options area of Admin>General.
These settings will apply when want to use your CRM to manage shipments you are using your own Resources for (e.g. cars/trucks/bikes etc.) and are not outsourcing the shipment to a freight company.
- Show Sales Orders on Calendar – ensure this box is ticked so that you can view deliveries in Calendar View within the Sales Order module.
- Show Delivery Time – ensure this box is ticked so that the time allocated to each delivery is shown as a calendar appointment.
- Default Delivery Duration – this field is in HH:MM format and allows you to select a period of time that will apply as default for each delivery. You can change the duration from the default option when you are working with Sales Orders.
On Contact and Company records there is a text box called Delivery Instruction where you can enter in notes or instructions that will pull through to a Delivery Instruction box on all Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices that you create for the customer.
In addition, when you generate shipments from a Sales Order, the details will also pull through to the Delivery Instruction box on Outbound Shipments.
Depending on whether you are sending or receiving goods, you will be able to move shipments through various stages and generate applicable lists, labels and dockets as you go – these documents will all open as a PDF in a new window.
Following is a summary of the stages and available documents for different types of shipments.
You can mark these as Picked, Packed or Shipped and generate a Delivery Docket, Pick List or Stock Label, which will open as a PDF document in a new tab.
Stock Transfer Shipments
You can mark these as Picked, Packed or Shipped and generate a Stock Label, which will open as a PDF document in a new tab. When a new Stock Transfer Shipment is generated, it defaults to status To Be Picked.
When a new Inbound Shipment is generated, it defaults to status To Be Picked until you Mark As Received.
You can add Resources and Resource Groups to your system to manage internal resources like cars, motorbikes and trucks and then add them to your Shipments.
When you create a new Resource or Resource Group, you can tick the Add on Calendar box to make the information available to view in the Calendar module – the example below shows the Resource Group ‘Trucks’ and Resources ‘Melbourne Delivery Truck’ and ‘Sydney Delivery Truck’.
This feature allows you to visually track and adjust the scheduled use of your Resources.
These are high-level groups that you can add any number of Resources to – just click on the New Group button. The example below shows ovens as a resource as they will be used to manufacture a range of Products, and a group for delivery trucks that will used to ship orders to customers – you can add any type of resource groups your business uses.
You can create any number of Resources and associate them with Resource Groups. Just click on the New Resource button to create a new Resource.
The example below shows a number of ovens that are all linked to the ‘Ovens’ Resource Group, and several different trucks that have been linked to the ‘Trucks’ Resource Group.
You can add delivery couriers and carriers that you use to your system and then apply your choices to Sales Orders and Shipment records. You can also select a default courier to apply to all your Sales Orders from Admin>General>Invoice Settings.
To add a Courier, navigate to Admin>Couriers and click New Courier – you will be able to add the company name and a tracking URL (at present, the tracking URL doesn’t perform a function within CRM).