- Getting Started
- Managing Duplicate Records
- Basic Navigation
- Key setup steps
- Additional setup steps
- Configuring Dropdown Lists
- Creating New Records
- Tips & Tricks
- Using the Kanban View
- Using the Map View
- Advanced Filters
- Setting Up Grid Layouts
- Show and Hide Columns
- Open or Edit Existing Records
- Syncing Your Accounting System
- Setting up your CSV file for Import
- View Details on Map Pins
- Change the Column order
- Company Information
- Filter Map Records
- Sorting Records
- Import Data from Excel or CSV
- Colourise Map Records
- Filtering Records
- Set Up Security Groups
- Invite Other Users
- Connect Outlook
- Connect to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Set up your Sales Pipeline
- Set Up Other Reference Data
- Configure Online Quoting
- View Reports and Dashboards
- Connect Burst SMS
- Viewing Tags
- Adding and Editing Tags
- Sorting and Filtering with Tags
- CRM Integrations
- Connecting Stripe
- Novum Networks
- Payment Gateways
- Google Maps
- Customer Portal
- Connecting with BurstSMS
- Connecting with Campaign Monitor
- Connecting with eWay
- Connecting with Ezidebit
- Connecting with Machship
- WooCommerce integration settings
- Connecting with Mailchimp
- Setting Up SMTP Email
- Connecting with WooCommerce
- Customer Portal for customers
- Installing Inbox Insights
- Syncing Your Outlook Emails, Calendar & Contacts
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- WooCommerce integration
- SMTP for Gmail
- Jobs, Assets & Service Management
- Products, Inventory & Pricing
- Sales Pipeline
- Shipping & Freight
- System Settings
- Workflow Management
- Quoting & Selling
To send email from Tall Emu, you’ll need to configure your email server and add these details to CRM.
- You may require assistance from your IT support company to successfully complete these settings.
- We strongly recommend that you consult with your IT support company regarding the configuration of these settings and their appropriateness for your organisation.
- The following instructions are for integrating Gmail accounts.
- Tall Emu requires a single username and password that has permission to send emails for every user in your company.
- We recommend setting up a user e.g. “[email protected]” for this purpose and configuring this address as ‘Send As’ to other mail boxes in Gmail.
Note that the changes you make in Google Admin may take up to 24 hours to take effect, so you may need to come back and check that the SMTP integration is working in CRM later on.
To do this:
- Log into your Gmail Admin center.
- Go to Directory > Users.
- Click ‘add new user’.
Add the new user details, we recommend that you set up a user e.g. “[email protected]” for this purpose.
Once the new user has been saved you will need to copy the password so that you can input it into CRM later on in the process.
To configure SMTP permissions:
- Go to Apps > Google Workspace> Gmail.
- Click on ‘End User Access’.
- Go to ‘Allow per-user outbound’ gateways and change this setting to ON.
To configure security permissions:
- Go to Security > Settings.
- Click on ‘Less Secure Apps’.
- Click ‘Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps’.
- Save the change.
You now need to go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and log in as the CRM user you created earlier.
Turn the less secure apps to ON.
There are 2 parts to this and following are links to Google support guides to assist with the process.
To add your SMTP details to CRM:
- Go to Admin > Integrations.
- Click on Activate next to the SMTP Email.
- In Host Name add: smtp.gmail.com
- In User Name add the new CRM user’s email address that you set up earlier.
- In Password add the new CRM user password that you copied earlier.
- Ensure the Enable SSL box is ticked.
- Change the SMTP Port to 587.
- Change Throttle To to 100.
- Click on Finish to save the changes.
You can then test the integration by adding a to and from email address and then clicking on Test.
As the changes in Gmail can take up to 24 hours to take effect, you may need to come back and test this the following day.