- Calendar & Activities
- Calculating Landed Costs
- Quote Form Templates
- PDF Templates
- Invoice Settings
- Managing Connections
- Creating Email Templates
- Creating Letter Templates
- Using Letter Templates
- Using SMS Templates
- Using Email Templates
- System Quote Preferences
- Payment Methods
- Payment Terms
- Setting up Teams
- System security
- Setting up Users
- Activate a new User account
- Log into a User account
- Creating SMS Templates
To create a Credit Note, you need to enter in a negative item quantity value Invoice into the system to counteract the original Invoice (you can also see our page on Creating Invoices for further information).
To create a Credit Note:
- Create a new Invoice and select the customer.
- Depending on whether the stock is being returned or not, you will need to do one of the following:
- If stock is being returned: add the Product items from the original Invoice that the credit applies to.
- If stock is not being returned: you can use another Product that is a non-inventory tracked item to handle the financial aspect of the transaction, without having the credit affect your stock level.
- Enter in each Product item quantity as a negative figure e.g. -10.00.
- Save & Close the Invoice.
The system will automatically convert the Invoice to a Credit Note and apply a ‘CN’ designation to the record.
Once you have created your Credit Note, you can click on the Allocate Credit Note button on the toolbar:
This will then bring up a screen where you can select the applicable Invoice to apply this to, then click Allocate.
Please note that if your CRM is connected to MYOB, you can only apply refunds to Credit Notes or overpaid Invoices.
To process the refund payment, click on the Make Refund button on the toolbar in the applicable Credit Note record and enter in the refund details. Click Save & Close to create the Payment.
The refund Payment will then show in the Allocation tab of the Credit Note record: