- Calendar & Activities
- Calculating Landed Costs
- PDF Templates
- Invoice Settings
- Managing Connections
- Creating Email Templates
- Creating Letter Templates
- Using Letter Templates
- Using SMS Templates
- Using Email Templates
- Payment Methods
- Payment Terms
- Setting up Teams
- System security
- Setting up Users
- Activate a new User account
- Log into a User account
- Creating SMS Templates
The Location shown when working with Products is based on information entered when:
- A Product is purchased: a Purchase Order is created and the Purchase For field is used to select a Location for the stock.
- When a shipment for a Purchase Order is marked as received: the stock will automatically increase the In Stock figure at the Location that was specified.
- A Product is manufactured: a Work Order is created and the Location field is used to determine where the Output Products will be stored.
- When the Work Order is completed: the stock will automatically increase the In Stock figure at the Location that was specified.
- Virtual Products: you can specify when a Product is virtual and does not have a fixed Location – when you create a new Product, just tick the Is Virtual box and ensure the Physical box is unticked.
You can move stock between different Locations – you must first have the Locations set up in your system. You can add, delete or modify your Locations from the Admin menu.
Note that you won’t be able to delete a Location that currently has stock – you will need to transfer the stock to another location first.
Stock will automatically be received at the Location that was specified when it was ordered (Purchase Order) or manufactured (Work Order) and the In Stock figure will be increased by the quantity specified on the Purchase or Work Order.
You can move stock between Locations using the Stock Transfers module, which is accessed from within the Inventory group on the main menu.
When you create a new Stock Transfer, you can specify the From and To Locations – the system will reduce the stock in the From Location and increase the stock at the To Location.
When you save the form, you will be able to find and add the Products that you want to transfer and then use the Generate Shipment option to facilitate the transfer.
Once you have added the Products to your Stock Shipment record, you can click on Shipment to reveal options to either Generate Shipment or Mark as Completed (meaning that the shipment has already taken place or does not need to be tracked).
When you choose Generate Shipment, a record will automatically be created in the Stock Transfer Shipments module.