- Calendar & Activities
- Calculating Landed Costs
- PDF Templates
- Invoice Settings
- Managing Connections
- Creating Email Templates
- Creating Letter Templates
- Using Letter Templates
- Using SMS Templates
- Using Email Templates
- Payment Methods
- Payment Terms
- Setting up Teams
- System security
- Setting up Users
- Activate a new User account
- Log into a User account
- Creating SMS Templates
This page will take you through some common scenarios when you are working with the Purchase Orders module.
You can easily preview and email a Purchase Order directly to a supplier by using the record toolbar:
- The Preview button opens a PDF of the order in a new window.
- The Email button allows you to either draft a new email or send an email using a pre-defined template. A PDF version of the order will automatically be attached.
The order Status field will automatically update when certain events take place:
- New is automatically assigned as the Status when you create a record.
- The Convert To Supplier Bill button is clicked – the status will show as Invoiced.
- When the order items are marked as received, the Status will change to either Partially Received or Completely Received.
You can also manually change the Status to: Backorder, Sent, Cancelled, Completed or Request For Quote. To do this:
- Open the applicable order and click Edit.
- Go to the Status field and select a new option from the dropdown.
- Click on Save & Close.
On the Purchase Order form, you have the option to create a receipt for part or all of your order, depending on whether the items arrive separately or together. You can also see our specific help page on Inbound Shipments.
- Receive Shipment will allow you to specify which items on the order have arrived – you will automatically be taken to a shipping record that you can modify.
- Receive All will mark all items on the order as received – this will automatically generate a shipping record that shows all outstanding items as received.
You can see items that have been received from both the Receipts tab on the order and from the Inbound Shipments module.
The Shipment Status field will also update to reflect whether the order has been completely received or partially received.
When you receipt items, your Stock is automatically increased by the received quantity. The Location the Stock will be increased at is determined by what you have set as the order destination in the Purchase For field.
You can convert a Purchase Order to a Supplier Bill using the button on the form toolbar.
Clicking this button takes you directly to a new Supplier Bill record, which you can edit if you only want to create a bill for some of the order items – you can delete items that have not been received.
The Status field will also update to reflect whether the order has been invoiced or not.