- Calendar & Activities
- Calculating Landed Costs
- PDF Templates
- Invoice Settings
- Managing Connections
- Creating Email Templates
- Creating Letter Templates
- Using Letter Templates
- Using SMS Templates
- Using Email Templates
- Payment Methods
- Payment Terms
- Setting up Teams
- System security
- Setting up Users
- Activate a new User account
- Log into a User account
- Creating SMS Templates
There are a number of specific options that can be configured to apply to your Invoices at a system level – these are found in Admin> General> Invoice Settings.
When working with these settings, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Update to save your changes.
The details you input into the ABN, ACN, Bank Details and Tax ID fields will all be specific to your business. These details will appear on Invoices that you generate for customers.
Following is a guide to the remaining fields in this section.
This field value currently defaults to From Stock – the other options available in the dropdown are reserved for future use, so you should leave this set to From Stock.
When creating an invoice, you’re able to select a schedule to which repeating invoices will be generated in the future – your choice here will determine the format of the Invoice number. For more information, see our pages on Creating Repeating Invoices and Repeating Invoice Placeholders.
If you tick this box, the relevant GL Code (determined using data from your accounting system for each Product in your system) will be visible when you are adding items to Invoices so that you can confirm or amend the default choice.
Ticking this box means that if all items are not available to ship at the time you create an Invoice, items on backorder will also be shown as line items on the Invoice. If this box is not ticked, backorder items won’t show on the Invoice.
If you tick Use Third Party Billing you will have a new fields appear on the Company form that allows you to send invoices to a related Company.
When you create a new Invoice, a prompt will alert you if a third-party applies for billing purposes. For further information, see our page on Parent-Child and Third-Party Relationships.
If you tick Use Parent Child Accounts you will have a new field appear on the Company form that allows you to send invoices to a parent Company.
When you generate an Invoice from a Sales Order, a prompt will alert you that there are branch Companies present for the parent Company. For further information, see our page on Parent-Child and Third-Party Relationships.
When you create and send an Invoice, it is sent to the Contact selected in the Send To field by default. If you tick the Email Recipient – Company box, the Invoice will be sent to the primary email address stored in the Company record instead.
You can choose from the following actions when a shipment is generated from a Sales Order:
- Do Nothing – does exactly that; you will not be prevented or prompted.
- Prevent Shipment Creation – when you generate a shipment from a Sales Order that hasn’t been invoiced yet, a pop-up warning will display and warn you that an invoice needs to be created before a shipment can be generated. You will not be able to proceed with creating a shipment until the order has been invoiced.
- Show Warning – when you generate a shipment from a Sales Order that hasn’t been invoiced yet, a pop-up warning will display and you can choose to proceed with the shipment, or cancel to go back and invoice the order and then generate the shipment.
- Auto-Invoice Based on Shipped Quantity – when a shipment is generated from a Sales Order, an Invoice will automatically be created for the shipped quantity.
If you have already set up Couriers in your system, you can choose a default service to apply to all new Sales Orders, which will then flow through to new shipments generated from orders. See our page on Managing Freight & Shipping for more information on how to set up Couriers.
When a shipment is generated, a confirmation email will automatically be sent to the recipient. Once you have ticked this box, the Shipment Confirmation Email Template field will become visible and you can select an Email Template to use for this purpose.