- Calendar & Activities
- Calculating Landed Costs
- PDF Templates
- Invoice Settings
- Managing Connections
- Creating Email Templates
- Creating Letter Templates
- Using Letter Templates
- Using SMS Templates
- Using Email Templates
- Payment Methods
- Payment Terms
- Setting up Teams
- System security
- Setting up Users
- Activate a new User account
- Log into a User account
- Creating SMS Templates
You can insert merge codes into your SMS text to pull field values from CRM modules and insert them into your message. You don’t have to utilise this feature, but we’ll show you how to do it and you can skip this step if it’s not applicable.
Create a Template
- Navigate to SMS Templates.
- Click on New SMS Template in the top right corner.
- You can also view and manage all of your SMS Templates from this page.
The following form will open, allowing you to customise your template:
- Template Name – enter a specific name that will make it easy to find and use this particular template in future e.g. Reminder SMS for accounts overdue by more than 30 days.
- Description – you can add more details in this field so other users understand where and when they should use this template.
- Source Name – this is the module in CRM where you would like to use the template. In this case, you have numerous options, so we’re going to use a Contact in the example.
- Gear icon – clicking this will open up a new tab with merge fields you can copy into your message body to insert data from the CRM module directly into your message e.g. you can add the FirstName field code to personalise the message. There’s a more detailed example of how to do this below.
Subject – enter a subject.
- Is Active – as we are creating a new Template, tick this box. If you wanted to deactivate the Template in future, you would untick the box.
- Body – enter your message text here.
- Click on Save & Close at the top of the form.
Add merge data to your SMS body
- Clicking on the gear icon when setting up your SMS template will open a new tab with merge codes for the CRM module you are attaching the Template to e.g. Contacts.
- You can copy these codes into your message body and automatically insert data from the CRM module – the example below shows adding the Contact FirstName field to the message so that message will display the field value when it is sent to the customer e.g. ‘Dear Bill’.
- Click Save & Close when you are finished.