Bill of Materials
If your business manufactures products, Tall Emu’s Bill of Materials functionality gives you the tools you need to manufacture efficiently. Great for make to order and short run manufacturing, Tall Emu lets you:
- Set up recipes that outline input products and output products for certain manufacturing processes.
- Edit BOMs on the fly to flexibly manage out of stock items, custom orders or costing changes.
- View recipes and input requirements to efficiently manage stock and reduce wastage.
- Define multiple output products within a single BOM.
Manage Your Recipes
Tall Emu gives you the flexibility you need to streamline your production process and consistently deliver high quality finished products on time.
- Create, edit or update BOMs with ease – anywhere, anytime.
- Dynamic BOMs let you change or substitute input products depending on current stock levels or custom orders so you never have to stop production.
- Update recipe inputs after cost price changes to ensure production is always as cost effective as possible.
Efficiency in Production
When you set up a Bill of Materials in Tall Emu you’re able to view accurate recipe inputs to gain visibility into what’s required for production. This has a number of benefits:
- Ration the supply of raw material inputs so you can keep production moving and never let stock dry up.
- Manage your bottom line by reducing costs and minimising wastage – ordering only what you need according to the BOM so you don’t end up with extra stock that can’t be used in production.
Multiple Output Products
Unlike many other production or manufacturing management systems, Tall Emu lets you generate multiple output products for a single Bill of Materials. Helpful in cases where a singular raw material can result in a number of finished products – e.g. a butcher might use one animal (input) for multiple cuts of meat (output).
Define Production Steps
When you establish a Bill of Materials, you’re able to define the production steps that generally go into manufacturing the output product(s).
- Outline detailed production steps that direct the production process from raw materials to manufactured item.
- Assign users to specific steps to keep your team organised and on track.
- Manage your time effectively and ensure the product is completed for timely delivery by setting process duration.
- Let certain tasks rely on other tasks so the process remains organised and sequential.
A little stuck or want to learn more? Visit our help file below.Get Help